Found this over at The Daily Grind. Thanks Martha, for letting me steal this one--even though I didn't ask permission first. :P
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Let's see...I attended Trivia Night at a pub, went to the Strand Bookstore in NYC, and tended to a sick canine. Also got DVR and got emotionally involved in three TV shows. I didn't do nothing majorly new. I didn't take any really huge risks in 2009.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I stopped making resolutions years ago. There was no point in doing so if I was only going to break them later.
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
At BFF's annual shindig.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sadly, I lost two dear mentors.
5. What countries did you visit?
The United States of Kitten.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I really don't know. 2009 was an excellent year for me. I'm the happiest I've ever been.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 25th: the start of my last bout with depression.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was on a committee at work where we applied for a statewide award--and we won!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting discouraged so easily and constantly battling self-pity--see #7 for details.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a rawther nasty sinus infection in June, which took me most of the month to get rid of. I haven't been sick since. Thank you, vaccination gods, for the H1N1 vaccine.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Pantech cell phone. It has a qwerty keyboard. My old phone didn't have one, and I am rawther excited about it.
12. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage and car repairs.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"The Story" by Brandi Carlile. Also anything from the Glee soundtrack. And "Chasing Pavements" by Adele.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Entertaining at my house. I can't remember the last time I did that.
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Blowing things out of proportion.
16. What was your favourite TV program?
I have four: 30 Rock is one. I am in love with Alec Baldwin's character, Jack Donaghy. And Kenneth the Page NEVER fails to make me laugh. Then there's Glee. Not only is it hysterical, but I love the music. That, and I sang in a glee club, so I have a little more emotional investment in it than others may. Flight of the Conchords is so quirky and funny, and the music is great. And of course, there's The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Say what you will about Conan, but I absolutely love him and I think he's adorable.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Life's too short to hate.
18. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler's Wife. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. French Milk. The DaVinci Code.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pull up a chair, kittens, here we go: Straight No Chaser. She and Him. Julian Casablancas. Diane Birch. Jack Johnson. Flight of the Conchords. Lady Antebellum. The Belle Stars. And of course, let's not forget the classics that keep me going: Springsteen. Bon Jovi. Billy Joel. Brad Paisley.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
I only saw two movies in the theater, but I really loved Julie and Julia. As for cable, Grey Gardens with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange was excellent.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
I went to work. I really don't recall what exactly I did to celebrate my birthday this year, sadly.
22. What kept you sane?
My friends and family. Music. Reading. But music, for some reason, has kept me more grounded this year than any other.
23. Who did you miss?
BFF, during the time we weren't talking. Thankfully, gratefully, that's over.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend L.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Here are some quotes for y'all:
"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." (Henry Ford)
"If life gives you lemons, make some kind of fruity juice." (Conan O'Brien)
And one more thing, don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
Happy 2010 kittens!!
How to Get More Blog Comments on Your Posts
6 hours ago