Ahhh...a meme we can ALL relate to!!!
1. When is the last time you saw the ocean?
When I was in Newport, Rhode Island this past Memorial Day weekend.
2. Where is your favorite stretch of beach shoreline?
Long Beach Island, New Jersey. For years it was the Jersey Shore's best-kept secret. But lots of people discovered it, and now it's become a mega tourist-trap for the nouveau riche. It's not the same LBI from my childhood.
3. Are you planning a beach vacation this year?
Just day trips to Connecticut beaches. I'm not going away for a week. Long Island Sound is definitely NOT the ocean, though. But at least I live in a state with a coastline.
4. Bikinis or one-piece?
If you've got the body for a bikini, go for it. However, I don't have a bikini body, so I'm gonna go with one-piece in this instance.
5. Do you sunbathe or sit under an umbrella?
Sunbathe with the highest SPF I can find. I feel sheltered if I sit under an umbrella.
6. Have you ever been to a nude beach?
I've walked through one, but never spent a lot of time there. A friend of mine wanted to walk through the nude sections of the Robert Moses beach on Long Island, so I obliged. We were in our late teens when we went, and we just kept talking about nothing so we wouldn't stare.
7. Favorite activity at the beach while on vacation?
Body surfing is the best! The bigger the wave, the better!
8. Condo, hotel or cottage rental?
A cottage rental is the ONLY way to go.
9. What beach in the whole wide world would you like to visit for the first time?
Any California beach.
10. Did you ever have a special romantic time at the beach?
11. Tell us about a favorite beach memory.
As kids we went to Long Beach Island for two weeks every summer. We'd literally be at the beach from 10 AM till 5 PM. We'd walk back to the rental for lunch, then go back to the beach ASAP. Then the ice cream man would stop by the beach and we'd pick up a treat. We were in the water almost the entire day. I miss those days something awful.
April 29th: Saturday Sharefest
16 hours ago