Monday, August 10, 2009

The Queen's Meme: The Woodstock Meme



This one requires some background information. I'll leave it to the Queen to tell us about this week's meme:

Forty years ago this week, three days of peace, love and rock 'n roll (and mud) happened near Bethel, New York. It was the Summer of 1969.
Attire: Hippie jeans. Long hair. Legal or illegal smoke. Psychedelic vibe.

The scene: You are at Woodstock. You go alone but meet up with a beautiful man/woman. You spend three days together.
Put yourself inside the peace & love vibe. You can choose to be stoned or straight. I put it in the story for the sake of reality. Just don't inhale in this meme.
This is the conversation you have upon meeting or you can make it into what you overhear others say.
It makes no sense and has no continuity by design.

Oh! I forgot to tell you (must be the smoke in here) You have a new name. It must a combination of the first letter of your first name, the third letter of your middle name and the last letter of your last name.
Peace out!
Somebody might wanna turn on a fan in here.

Kittens, I am a real square. My answers are kinda boring.

1. "Hello, my groovy name is Ton.

By the looks of those flowers in your hair, you must be rich. It looks like those flowers were professionally gardened and cut just for the occasion.
Didn't they tell you? No wanna-bes allowed!


2. Come on, Baby, light my fire .

When I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
**puff puff**

3. Because the first time ever I saw your face I realized that what the world needs now is love sweet love. Besides, I always feel guilty watching you dance when I should be writing lyrics to my next hit song.
But I dig it!

4. Have I told you lately that I love you? Hey! Don't step on that crack!! You'll break your mother's back !!
Dude. That guy is really weird but.....

5. There's a party in my sleeping bag and half a million of my ant friends are coming over tonight and we're gonna help get my baby off my mind. Darn the luck. It's raining cats and dogs.
Luckily, Papa was a rolling high-powered attorney and I'm on a first name basis with the cops.
**puff puff**

6. I'm really digging your eyes but that headband has got to go. Those flowers in your hair are beginning to smell like skunk.
Have I told you lately that I kinda sorta like you?
** puff puff**


7. I'm beginning to see the eye of the sparrow in those trees over there. Do you see it?
Out of all the millions of hippies here, you are the most square.

But I dig it, man.

**puff puff**

8. I'd use all my blood, sweat and tears just to get next to your sister. She's a lot more hip than you.

Love is free but I'd really like to buy that guy's jeep so I don't have to walk home in the mud, barefoot.
It says "Make haste not waste. " Far out!


9. I'm grateful to be down on the ground 'cause there's a bad moon rising in Jefferson's Airplane. But that's okay, 'cause Joe Cocker said I could get by with a little help from my friends.

10. Oh, by the way, your hair is on fire. But I dig it.

** You might stay out of the dungeon if you post a picture of yourself or someone you know in your hippie clothes (if you're old enough)**

OK, I'm not old enough to have gone to Woodstock, and I don't have any pics of me in hippie clothes. Sorry, kittens. Looks like it's another week in the dungeon for moi. Can someone send down some bread and water?

4 comments:

Stef H said...

i would have said high-powered attorney too! funny, funny! thanks for the laughs.

hugs,

septembermom said...

Now I've got Jim Morrison singing in my head:) That's o.k. with me. Out of sight answers Kitten! I wish I could sneak you some chocolate too:)

Mimi Lenox said...

I don't think you're square at all, Kitten. I didn't smoke pot when I was (cough cough) that age either and never have, but I certainly don't think that stunted my growth (well, I am petite but that's another story)

Anyway...your answers were way cool far out groovy man.

See? I'm not square at all.

I don't see why you should spend another night in the dungeon either.
You're free!!!

Kat said...

Good stuff! My fav is the professionally gardened flowers.