Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How to survive Glee withdrawal

Yesterday I read on the Entertainment Weekly website that there were 70 days till Glee returns with brand new episodes. Today, obviously, there are 69. So how does a kitten cope with the lack of new episodes? The possibility of Will and Emma becoming an official couple? How will the Finn-Puck-Quinn melodrama play out? And what about Sue?

Well, during my lunch break I came across an article on Yahoo! Entertainment: "Tips on Surviving the Glee Hiatus." Kittens, I present you with said list, as well as my thoughts on this advice:
  • Go back to high school with Popular DVDs: If I had Netflix this would be an option. But I don't. And I seriously doubt the remaining Blockbuster in my area would carry them.
  • Listen to the Spring Awakening soundtrack: Lea Michele, aka Rachel Berry, was nominated for a Tony for this musical. Alas, I am well over my iTunes budget for the month, so this will have to wait.
  • Watch encores of The Pregnancy Pact on Lifetime: NO. THANK. YOU.
  • Skip to the singing scenes on Pushing Daisies: See my comment about the Popular DVDs. Although I may have to succumb to this one, since I am rawther fond of Kristin Chenowith, and she's coming back to Glee for at least another episode--hopefully two!
  • Watch Jessalyn Gilsig die on Nip/Tuck: This clip had better be on YouTube! I can't stand Terri! I never liked her from the first episode. Will is too good for her; she's just so incredibly shallow and fake and possessive and...ooooohhhhh!!!!
  • Meet figure skater Johnny Weir: To quote the Yahoo! article, "There's little that's more fabulous on television these days than the over-the-top "Glee," but Olympic figure skating might give it a run for its money — especially the amazingly glittering and theatrical Johnny Weir." Well, I do have the Sundance channel, but rarely, if ever, watch it. I have seen Johnny Weir perform, though. He's all right; no Brian Boitano, though.
  • Rent Julie and Julia. The wonderful Jane Lynch plays Julia Child's sister in this movie, and is almost unrecognizable. I love Jane Lynch, I love Meryl Streep, and I frakkin' heart this movie. Rent it? I'll buy it!
Well, kittens, those tips are fine and dandy and all--but I'm a working gal. I don't have time to sit in front of the computer screen or the TV for so long and watch all that stuff! So here's how I've been coping:
  • Sister Kitten got me the DVD box set for Christmas. One of the best Christmas gifts I received this past year.
  • Sister Kitten also got me the two soundtracks. Do I have a tres fab sister or what? I much prefer volume one over volume two, though.
  • Jane Lynch is amazing in A Mighty Wind. She co-starts beside John Michael Higgins as a singer in a hokey folk band. A must watch; and she's killer at improv!
  • Watching Matthew Morrison perform at last year's Kennedy Center Honors. He sang "Springtime for Hitler" during the Mel Brooks tribute. (This song, for those of you who may not know, is the signature tune from The Producers.) And he dances, too!!! HE DANCES!!!!

  • Watching any Glee parody I can get my paws on. Witness this clip from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon:

  • Take comfort in knowing that Glee has a definite, guaranteed return date of April 13, 2010 on FOX.
A definite return date...

...unlike someone else who just left the airwaves... :(

Tomorrow, my guide for surviving Conan withdrawal.

6 comments:

Emily B said...

Thanks! -Definitely- suffering Glee withdrawal over here.

Liz Mays said...

I have never seen that show! I feel so left out! ;)

Grand Pooba said...

Oh I needed that Glee fix thank you!

Do you have the soundtracks? I listen to them on my way home from work. Makes the withdrawl symptoms lesson.

Jenners said...

I've always liked Jane Lynch ... she is in a bunch of Christopher Guest's movies and she has a pretty good role in "Role Models." I didn't know Lea Michele was a Broadway star ... that makes sense though.

I'm still watching them on the DVR ... I guess that is how I'll survive!

Momma Hunt said...

I love me some Glee, can't wait for it to come back!

Mrs4444 said...

Wow. April 13th? That news is just the thing to get me through the rest of this COLD winter! :)