And now for another round of meme goodness with the Queen of Memes, my pal Mimi. Click the button above to learn more.
1. An unexpected blizzard occurs. The power goes out for 10 days. There is no food in the house, no gas in the car, no heat, no TV, no computer, nada! You are snowed in and can't get to the store for supplies. How would you survive? How would you get out of this mess? No TV?!?! No computer?!?! Are you frakkin' KIDDING me?!?! How would I survive? Well, I AM the Bookkitten after all; I would survive by engaging in one of life's more traditional pleasures: reading. I'd read by candlelight. I'd read all of the books that are on my TBR pile--all fifty-plus of them.
How do I get out of this mess? Easy. I'm my Mama Cat's kitten. My pantry is stocked with lots of canned goods. I could easily survive on tuna for ten days, as well as canned corn, canned green beans, and virtually any tomato product. Mmmm, tomato sauce...
2. Tell us about your last snowball fight. It was about seven or eight years ago, at BFF's old apartment. There was a rawther nasty snowstorm the night before. The plow wasn't gonna come for a while to clear out the parking lot, so we dug out with our shovels. We got into a snowball fight with the five-year-old boy who lived downstairs. His father joined in. And we played baseball with snowballs and shovels. It was a fun, sweet, happy time. :)
3. You have been asked to make a snowman. What is his name? His name is Conan, and he has a poofy, snowy pompadour atop his head. :)
4. I have mountains of snow outside my door. I would like to make snow soup. What is the recipe? Well, first of all, make sure the snow isn't yellow or brown. Only the purest, whitest snow will do. Make sure there are no footprints or signs of touch. Gently scoop the snow and slowly simmer it over low heat. Then add lots of carrots.
5. It is Day 5 of the Big Blog Blizzard. You have been hunkered down for a very long time and in danger of losing your sanity. Your blog neighbors (that would be us) come callin' to see if you're OK. We peek in the window. What do we see? What are you doing in there? I am pacing my living room, cursing the heavens, and signing loudly to myself. You will see me slowly go insane from lack of communication, information, and inspiration. But then again, since I don't have any electricity or phone, how would I know it was day five, anyway? I'd lose track of time.
6. Who is the flakiest snowflake in your life? Past or present. I plead the fifth. I have at least one family member who reads this blog on a semi-regular basis, and I don't want her snitching on me. (Hi, Sister Kitten!)
7. You are Snow White. Which dwarf is your favorite and why? Happy. At least he'd be able to entertain me during the storm. His name IS Happy, after all.
8. What is the most fun you've ever had inside during a snowstorm? I don't have anything tres memorable, other than the joy that one experienced in elementary school when one had a snow day and could watch endless Brady Bunch and Looney Tunes reruns on TV. That, and Mama Cat made a mean grilled cheese sandwich. 9. What was Jack Frost nipping at? My cheekbones. How do you think this kitten maintains a rosy glow? ;)
10. Due to blobal warming (that's blog + global for all you non-blog speakers) your snowman has prematurely melted. What was his last request? *SIGH* For those COCOnuts who are reading this, you all know that this question hits all too close to real life for us. On a serious note, let me remind you all of his farewell Tonight Show speech: Work hard. Be kind. Don't be cynical. *SIGH* Is September here yet?
You'll find a mixture of anything and everything here. This blog was originally designed to post my book reviews. You'll still find those here, but you'll also find an eclectic mix of all of my interests--music, politics, recipes, scrapbooking, places I've been, people I've met, and occasional visits from the resident felines.
Wanna know more? Send me an E-mail! firstname.lastname@example.org