Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice day today

Today was my third day off in a week due to the winter weather. Just came back into the house from chiseling off my car. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but I am glad I didn't wait till morning, right before I left for work.

I must admit, the ice-covered trees looked beautiful in the street lamps. There's this crabapple tree outside my living room window that looks especially spectacular. I would have taken pictures if it weren't so dark outside.

Apparently we're due for some more of the white stuff on Friday. Not sure how much; cable's out and I didn't get to see the local news this evening. I'm hoping it comes back before bed, so I can make plans for the weekend. Sister Kitten and I are supposed to go out to dinner Friday night, but more importantly, Mama Cat's having surgery. She's getting a freckle removed; the dermatologist wants to take it off as a precautionary measure.

I'm glad the temp's above freezing right now--33 degrees. I know, it's only one degree above freezing, but that's fine with me!

5 comments:

Improbable Joe said...

Did you know that I only have to wear jeans and a jacket a couple of times a month? Usually shorts, almost always T-shirts. I saw like two dozen snowflakes five or six years ago.

Liz Mays said...

I must admit that ice looks spectacular when it coats everything, but what a mess for driving!

septembermom said...

Ice covered trees are very pretty. I can't believe that more may be coming on Friday! Keep warm!

drollgirl said...

burr you live in a cold part of the world! hope you are warm and safe tucked inside somewhere!

and i hope your mom's surgery goes well!

and thank you so much for the sweet comment the other day. i know you understand the kitty love like nobody else. :)

Marie Cloutier said...

ugh, i am so done with all this snow and cold. usually i love it but this year- enough's enough! i just want to hide- with a book, of course!