Sunday, October 18, 2009

There's no place like home!

Well, kittens, I have now been home for thirteen hours. I got home at 7 PM last night, and it took me fifteen minutes to unload my car. Keep in mind that I was away for two and a half weeks and I had two and a half weeks of clothes and such with me. Hell, I even brought my Keurig with me while I was gone. Mama needs her coffee!

Anyhoo, I'm adjusting to being home in the same way that someone who has been in a foreign country for a while adjusts to being back in their native land. It feels weird, yet pretty good. The cats slept with me last night, clinging to my body so tightly that they pretty much trapped me. I couldn't move, no matter how much I tried.

After I got all of the stuff unloaded, I sat down, poured myself a glass of wine, and caught up on three episodes of Conan on the DVR. I'm still behind on him and on Glee. Which reminds me, I have to write a post about my life after DVR...

Today, I further integrate myself in the readjustment process. I have to go grocery shopping. There is no food in the house, except for breadcrumbs, apples, pasta, and stale milk. Maybe I could make myself a breadcrumbed apple...mmm...or, dice an apple and toss it with the pasta...

And if you think I'm serious, then you need an extra shot of espresso.

Which reminds me, time to make some coffee of my own.

10 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

Breadcrumbed apples, LOL. I believe you! Welcome home! Hope you have a good day settling back in! :-)

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It does feel good to be home! We got home last night around 8:30 from the Book 'Em Festival and our cats slept on us, too.

Momma Hunt said...

Welcome Home

drollgirl said...

welcome home! those kitties must be so relieved to have you back!

and i am SO STUPID!!! i just got a DVR a couple of weekends ago and i didn't even think to record CONAN?!?!? what is wrong with me?!?!? thank you for mentioning that. SHEESH!

:)

Wendi said...

Yeah to be home! It is always fun to travel, but there really isn't anything quite as nice as your own bed (and cats - even if they do miss you so much they practically suffocate you).

:)

Jenners said...

Welcome Home! I bet it feels good ... and seems like your cats really really missed you. And did I not tell you that the DVR would become your very best friend???? :)

septembermom said...

Home does feel nice after being away. Go fill that fridge :)

Mammatalk said...

Welcome home. Go fill your tummy and get some rest.

Serena said...

Welcome back. I hope you have time to relax.