More often than not, we don't take time out of our daily lives to count our blessings. Call me corny or cliched, but it's absolutely true. I know I'm guilty of this. There are days when I just wallow in a sea of self-pity. Every now and then I have to take stock of what's really important.
Thanks, Mimi, for giving me this opportunity for reflecting on what I'm grateful for in life. :)
1. What are you most grateful for when you first wake up in the morning?
Having a job, when some of my friends have lost theirs. Having a roof over my head. A reliable car. Family and friends I can always count on.
2. What are you most grateful for when you go to bed at night?
The same things that I'm grateful for in the morning.
3. Who is the person who has had the most influence on your life?
4. Is there someone you'd like to thank for something special they did for you but haven't yet? Take the time to do it in this meme.
Oh man...there are a few people for whom this would qualify, and they don't read this blog, but here goes...to my former minister: thank you for coming into my life during the most difficult period I have ever faced. Your support and confidence in me meant a lot to me during this trying event. I will never forget your willingness to listen and lend an ear. Thank you always for helping me become who I am.
5. Who was your favorite or least favorite teacher?
If you could talk to them now, what would you say?
Mrs. Werner, my second grade teacher. This actually ties into my Writers Workshop prompt this Thursday, so if you would like to know more, come back Thursday for a special post.
6. Do you say grace at mealtime?
Only when I'm visiting my parents.
7. Name one thing you take for granted everyday.
Sometimes I complain entirely too much about various things, such as my messy house and some situations at work. I realize that some people have it worse than I do. It can't always be me, me, me all the time.
8. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?
Yes, lots of things. They've only made me a better person.
9. What are the top five things you are most grateful for in your life?
- family and friends
- my cats
- my house
- having a steady job
- music, reading, and writing: my best coping outlets