Saturday, October 9, 2010

30 days of truth: Day Eight

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

That would be the boss I had when I worked at a resort the summer before I went to college.

I won't say much, because it can be explained succinctly:
  • Worked shifts from 7 AM till 10:30 PM, with only two half-hour breaks.
  • Worked for minimum wage--which, at the time, was $4.25 an hour. By the time I left at the end of August, my rate went up to $5.25 an hour.
  • Whenever we closed down for the night, I always ended up on bathroom duty. And the toilets were RARELY clean.
They called me back the following summer. My mother, who answered the phone, gave my old boss the what for, saying that I would never be allowed to step on their grounds again, after how they treated me.

I didn't learn about this until about two summers ago.

And I am thankful for what Mama did for me.

No comments: