Monday, October 11, 2010

30 days of truth: Day Ten

Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.

I knew a girl from college who never really got the idea that I didn't want to be her "best" friend. A "good" friend, yes, but not a BFF.

On SNL, Kristen Wiig plays a character named Penelope, who one-ups everything that people brag about. For example, if a mother says that her baby can say "dada" and "mama", Penelope will say that her kid was fluent in two languages by her first birthday.

That's the way this "friend" has been to me. She always insists on getting her way; she hardly takes suggestions from anyone, and if she does, she'll lecture us on how our ideas aren't as good.

We lost touch for quite a few years. Then she friended me on Facebook. She's not very active on her account--and then, suddenly, she posted on my wall the other day. "Let's get together soon!"

I'm not sure how to respond to that one.

1 comment:

septembermom said...

Maybe "chat" with her a bit on FB. See if she's changed at all. Who knows? Maybe a new more mature friendship will develop.