Friday, October 8, 2010

30 days of truth: Day Six

Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.

I could answer this question simply, by saying something like, "I hope I never have to go to jail," or, "I hope I never get arrested," or, "I hope I never have to clean the gutters on a house."

But I'll stay serious.

I hope I never have to become so morbidly obese that I need assistance in everyday life. I hope I never have to use an electric scooter to go grocery shopping, to lose my balance when walking, to gasp for breath when coming up the stairs.

I was heading that route--and fast.

So I had to make some changes.

I've lost 17 pounds so far, but still have a way to go.

A friend of mine is scheduled for bariatric surgery soon. She praised me for my weight loss, and then looked me in the eye, and said, "Don't become like me."

I know I can get healthy.

No comments: