Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday Cat Blogging

I'm trying to do some schoolwork right now, but Maggie keeps bothering me.

She's assuming her usual position in front of the computer monitor, sitting right in front of it with a grimace on her face, as if to say, "Pay attention to me, NOW!"
Like this:


She just tried to gently swat my face, the same way she does when I don't get out of bed right when she wants me to. She paws my cheek if I ignore her for too long, but she only does this when the food dish is empty.

Right now she's curled up in what I call her "L'il Loaf" position: laying down, paws tucked underneath, tail curled around her hind legs. I love it when cats sit like this.
Other times Maggie will jump to the shelf that's immediately above my computer monitor:


Eventually, Maggie'll get the message that I'm working and she'll jump off the desk and leave me alone for a little while.

Then Gabby trots in and the cycle repeats itself. She's not as bad as Maggie, though; she knows when to sit down. Other times, however, she sits on the top of my chair--yes, the top of it--and her body almost weighs down the chair so much that it could fall backwards.
Felines--good for your mental health, but not always good for work productivity.

No comments: