Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Time!

Why have I been so domestic this weekend? First I made the chicken soup, then I made some fish for dinner tonight. Tilapia with a honey mustard sauce. Yum!

Earlier today, I picked a whole bunch of apples to make applesauce.

I got home, and cleaned my living room like the dickens, and washed a whole bunch of dishes.

How do I reward myself for all the hard work?

I made a batch of my mom's chocolate chip cookies.

I whipped up the dough in my Kitchen Aid, but did NOT want to have to bake cookies all night. That, and a whole batch o' cookies would be toooo tempting, especially since I've lost a bit of weight recently. So I took an idea that I got from Ellie Krieger of the Food Network, and wrapped the extra dough in wax paper logs to freeze. I was tres proud of myself!

I baked only four cookies, but only ate two of them. Even better moment for me!

Recipe to come...I've got laundry to do!

No comments: