Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Bookkitten's iPod Playlist: Tony Awards Edition

I am a theatre geek, so I thought I'd pay tribute to tonight's Tony Awards with a Broadway-inspired playlist. It's not a comprehensive show tune playlist, by any means, but all of the music comes from Broadway shows.

Also, I'd like to dedicate this post to Broadway fan and my fellow blogger, SarahB, over at Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment. Sarah lives in NYC and she's had MANY adventures on Broadway. Get a peek at her blog when you get the chance!

And Sarah, if Patti LuPone doesn't win the Tony tonight, I will lose my faith in ALL forms of democracy. (Well, maybe I won't be quite that dramatic, but it WILL be TRES upsetting).

And now for the playlist:

1. "Adelaide's Lament," Guys and Dolls
2. "And the Money Kept Rolling In (And Out)," Evita
3. "Beauty School Dropout," Grease
4. "Buenos Aires," Evita
5. "Dancing Through Life," Wicked
6. "Don't Cry For Me Argentina," Evita
7. "Dreamgirls," Dreamgirls
8. "For Good," Wicked
9. "Dance Ten, Looks Three," A Chorus Line
10. "On My Own," Les Miserables
11. "One More Day," Les Miserables
12. "Another Suitcase in Another Hall," Evita
13. "Hello Twelve, Hello Thirteen," A Chorus Line
14. "One," A Chorus Line
15. "Finale," Les Miserables

1 comment:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

PATTI WON PATTI WON PATTI WON! THANK GOODNESS DEMOCRACY CONTINUES! And thank you for the shout out!