Monday, September 14, 2009

The Queen's Meme: The Tick-Tock Meme

Lately the only thing I've had the energy or time for posting are memes. And I haven't done the Queen's in a while. I've been in the dungeon before, and don't really want to go there again.

1.
Are you a Rolex watch, a Mickey Mouse watch, or a pocket watch?

I'm a Mickey Mouse watch, no question!

2. Can you think of a time when you couldn't see the forest for the trees?
Sure! Every morning when my alarm goes off. I'm foggy until I have my first sip of my Newman's Own organic dark roast.

3. Can you think of a time when you were on the outside looking in?

What did you see?
High school. I wasn't in the popular crowd, but really didn't care too much about it. However, sometimes my curiosity got the best of me, and some of the things I saw weren't some of the things I'd normally do and feel good about.

4. Go back in time. Maybe a long time ago, maybe today. Pick an hour you'd like to freeze frame forever and tell us why. It doesn't have to be THE most important hour of your life, but make it a good one.
My best friend's wedding, July 2001. I was so happy for her, and I felt like I was actually a part of her family. And, unlike many people I know who got married then, she's still married to the same guy. Quite happily, may I add. :)

5. If you were a cuckoo clock, what would others say about you?
Would you just shut the hell up?!?!?!

6. Can you think of a time when time stood still?
9/11/01. And it stood still for way too long.

7. Watch this! You are a stopwatch. What would you stop?

The National Debt Clock. Seriously, though, I'd love to be the 60 Minutes stopwatch. The real one, not the current computerized version.

8. Imagine you were just born and have infinite wisdom. After the doctor smacks your newborn dust ruffle you look around and say to the Universe: "Give me a whole lifetime to do "this" and I will bless the day I was born."
What did you choose?
How long do I have to live? I'd become a comedienne and make people laugh. Simple as that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love this post!
our kitten, a mouse watch!! lol

i just turn our cuckoo clock off..
i don't like to be rude and tell it to shut up!!

we look forward to whatever and whenever you can post!

septembermom said...

I'm a Mickey Mouse watch too! Loved your answers. Cute meme.

Mimi Lenox said...

I am so with you on #6.
I love the 60 Minutes clock!

Thanks for playing the meme. You are out of the dungeon now (smile)