Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Stealing: A fall meme

It’s not really fall in until...
The leaves start falling like crazy and there's a morning frost.

What did you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete?
I went to Manhattan for the day. I needed to do something special to end the summer on a high note.

A person I know was wrong for me but about whom I frequently thought after a break-up was...
The first guy I ever fell in love with.

If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be?
The one where the Chicago Cubs win the World Series.

Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar?
I'm the one drinking wine at the corner of the bar, nose deep in a book, not making any conversation with anyone.

Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche?
Well, this is supposed to be a book blog, but I write about a lot of topics that have nothing to do with the literary world.

If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you?
1. Age 15: don't be afraid of rejection
2. Age 18: forget about him and move on
3. Age 25: lay off the credit cards

Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared?
A friend of mine from church who has a rawther unique view of the world.

If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least?
I could probably go for a week. I'd miss Facebook the most.

How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt?
I have cathedral ceilings. My friend Brian was the last to scale them, as we painted my condo. Make sure you have all of the tools that mountain climbers have if I ever ask you to paint.

The sexiest thing a man or a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is:
Oh, I don't know...:P

1 comment:

Marie Cloutier said...

I love the meme. Going to NYC for the day is one of my very favorite indulgences. I do it like maybe once every two years. What a nice way to cap off the summer :-)