Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Bookkitten's iPod Playlist: The New British Invasion

Over the past two years, I've noticed more British singers on American radio than at the beginning of the decade. Last year I created a playlist with some of these new singers, and I recently updated it with a new singer I found. I realize I have the same singers over and over again, but I really enjoy the retro sound that their work has to offer. Enjoy!

1. "Grace Kelly," Mika
2. "Everything's Just Wonderful," Lily Allen
3. "Girl They Won't Believe It," Joss Stone
4. "Love Today," Mika
5. "Rehab," Amy Winehouse
6. "Warwick Avenue," Duffy
7. "Me & Mr. Jones," Amy Winehouse
8. "Fell in Love with a Boy," Joss Stone
9. "Back to Black," Amy Winehouse
10. "Alfie," Lily Allen
11. "Wake Up Alone," Amy Winehouse
12. "Mercy," Duffy
13. "Nan You're a Window Shopper," Lily Allen
14. "Tell Me Bout It," Joss Stone
15. "Tears Dry on Their Own," Amy Winehouse
16. "Smile," Lily Allen
17. "Rockferry," Duffy
18. "You Know I'm No Good," Amy Winehouse
19. "Lollipop," Mika
20. "LDN," Lily Allen

No comments: