Friday, May 30, 2008

Procrastination

I have a lot of chores to do in preparation for my parents' visit tomorrow, so I am procrastinating. I was reading an issue of my old high school's newspaper, and it has one of those random questionnaires that you get on E-mail every now and then. So here are the questions, and my own personal answers:

1. What would people be surprised to learn about you?
I don't believe in keeping secrets from people. I'm an open book with most people. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

2. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be, and why?
Michelle Duggar. I'd like to know what it's like to have 17 kids in one household (and there's one on the way!)

3. If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you want to be stranded with, and why?
Tyler Florence. We'd eat well, and he's easy on the eyes.

4. What words of wisdom do you live by?
Carol Burnett once said, "A lot of comedy is tragedy plus time." I believe in finding the humor in any situation. I don't know how I could live without a sense of humor.

5. What are three things that you cannot live without?
Laughter, music, and my books!

6. Who or what always makes you laugh?
My friends, because we know how to push each other's buttons and harass each other.

7. What annoys you the most?
People who don't take responsibility for their own actions.

8. What would be the first thing you would do if you won 10 million dollars?
Pay all my debts--credit card, mortgage, and student loans.

9. What would be your personal theme song?
"The Glory of Love," Bette Midler

10. What would your first action as President of the United States be?
I would have to do two things first--bring our troops home and lower gas prices!

11. What movie could you watch over and over again, and why?
Any Christopher Guest movie. I love satire.

12. If the whole world were listening, what would you say?
Stop the insanity! Love, don't hate!

13. If you could ask God any one question, what would it be?
What do you have in store for me five years from now?

14. If you could have only one food for the rest of your life (assuming that this strange situation would not affect your health), which food would you choose?
Pasta. Glorious pasta.

15. If you could hear what someone was thinking for a day, who would you choose, and why?
Paris Hilton. I'd like to know what it's like to be that rich and own such expensive dresses that are only worn once.

16. What is your greatest ambition in life?
To be happy and have no regrets.

17. Who is your hero, and why?
My second grade teacher. She was the first adult, other than my parents, to really see the potential in me, both academically and personally.

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Sydney, Australia. I've heard so many stories about the land Down Under that I am really curious about what it's like.

19. If you could manage any professional sports team, what would you choose?
The Carolina Hurricanes, so I can bring 'em back to Hartford, and we'd have the Whalers back again.

20. What would be the title of your autobiography?
The Gospel According to Kitten.

21. What magazine do you always look forward to getting in the mail?
Allure. I am a sucker for makeup and skin care products.

22. What random fact are you most proud to know?
I know so many random facts, it's hard to choose one. Let's just say people hate playing Trivial Pursuit with me. :)

No comments: