Thursday, July 31, 2008

New bookstore is coming! New bookstore is coming!

I was on the Middletown Eye this morning, and learned that my hometown IS FINALLY GETTING A BOOKSTORE!!! SQUEE!! I mean, we already have a bookstore, Broad Street Books, but that mostly caters to the Wesleyan kids. It's not a general interest bookstore like Borders.

But this new bookstore, the Book Bower, is a general interest bookstore--and it's an independent, local business!! DOUBLE SQUEE!! I am so, so excited. According to The Eye, it's scheduled to open by August 18th--and you can bet I'm gonna be one of their best customers!!!

The owner of the bookstore says that she'll have a website, but it's not up and running yet. Her husband's still putting the bookcases in. And where there's bookcases, you know what else there is!!!

Oh, I am so, so happy! I can't wait for it to open! When it does, I'll let y'all know what I think!

This just makes me giddy!

1 comment:

Gloria Chadwick said...

I feel the same way you do about bookstores! They're my home away from home. I love everything about bookstores--the way they smell, all the beautiful books, and there's an ethereal essence in a bookstore that you can't find anywhere else, except maybe in a library.