Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Wasp Saga: Round One to Kitten!

Around 8:30 this morning, I put on my sweatpants, sweatshirt, and took my Walgreen's Wasp and Hornet Killer outside to do some damage. There were already three wasps hovering around the grill, confused as to why their access was blocked. I decided to test out the potency of this wasp killer and sprayed directly at the flying yellow jackets.

Dead on contact. I watched 'em die. Success!

Then I gingerly opened the lid of the grill, and the wasps were already at work on their nests. I stood back three feet, aimed at the first one, and sprayed. The wasps all fell out and were dead within ten seconds. I did the same thing with the second nest. Finally, once I was assured that all of the wasps were dead, I took my broom handle and knocked out each nest.

I celebrated a small victory. Now I have to wash my grill to get rid of the insecticide residue. That should be a helluva lotta fun.

No comments: