Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekly Geeks Quote a Day: My favorite quote

Today we spotlight my all-time favorite quote, which can also be found in the Poor Kitten's Almanac section in the sidebar:

"A lot of comedy is tragedy plus time." --Carol Burnett

I try to see the humor in most things. And if I can't see it right away, over time, I start to see a situation's humor. There are some life problems that don't have any humor at all, but most of the time, I can sense some of the funnier elements.

To me, a sense of humor is vital for survival in this life. Without humor, I would seriously be a dead woman today.

And that's no joke.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I can't go a day without laughter. Sometimes not even an hour.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I love that quote....it is one of my favorites ever, and oh so right...
like you I don't know where I'd be without a sense of humor :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Marie Cloutier said...

Nice :-) I think that quote is going on my fridge. :-)

drollgirl said...

that quote is right on, and you have a good approach to life! i almost thing bad things and tough times are worth it if you get a good story out of it! not that i am trying to tempt fate here.....

Vickie said...

Humor just makes life a little better.

Good quote. Carol Burnett is great. Loved her in the episode of Mad About You when Jamie was having her baby. Burnett is her Mom and she is yelling at the nurses to give her drugs and Jamie said I want to do this drug free and she starts shaking Jamie and says "Are you crazy!"

Anonymous said...

Very true.

kel said...

I agree!! The best thing in life is laughter!

Melanie Gillispie said...

Did you get to watch Carol on Ellen today? I've got it on my dvr to watch tonight! Yay!