1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Wacky Wednesday. I still remember the opening line: "One day I woke up with a shoe on the wall. A shoe on the wall? Shouldn't be there at all!"
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? The Smurfs' village. Always wanted to know what it's like to live in a mushroom.
3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep? Twenty four-plus hours. It was my senior year in high school, and we had flown to Madrid from New York. I had jet lag, and had to adjust to the time change.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? "Copacabana", hands down.
5. Who's your favorite Muppet? Sesame Street: Big Bird Non-Sesame Street: Rizzo the Rat
6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking? I'm still trying to break several bad habits, such as biting my nails.
7. What's your favorite website? Facebook
8. What's your favorite school supply? The sticky note
9. Who's your favorite TV attorney? I don't watch any of the Law and Order shows, and there are no attorney characters on either of my two favorite shows, Glee and 30 Rock. So I guess I don't have one.
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles? Last month, when Mama Cat and I went to Niagara Falls.
11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop? A $50, barely used Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Well, I got it from Craigslist, so I guess that doesn't count. But I DID get my steam cleaner from a garage sale!
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001? At work, during my first full week on the job.
13. What's your favorite tree? It's either the white dogwood or weeping cherry blossom.
14. What's the most interesting biography you've read? I've read lots of them! But I really liked Carol Burnett's memoirs; I just finished reading her latest book.
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food? Sesame chicken.
16. What's the best costume you've ever worn? I dressed as Madonna for Halloween one year. This year, I want to dress as Flo, the lady from the Progressive commercials.
17. What's your least favorite word? Debt
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be? Florida--because it's the one state that sounds most like a girl's name.
19. Who's your favorite bear? It's either Winnie the Pooh or Smokey.
20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation. Everything happens for a reason. I don't think there's much that's happened to me that can't be explained.
21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be? Egypt. It's all about the pyramids, baby!
22. What did you have for lunch yesterday? Homemade chicken soup.
23. Where do you go for advice? In this order: mother, father, sister, biffle.
24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? The dictionary.
25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving? Snorkeling, yes. Scuba diving, no.
You'll find a mixture of anything and everything here. This blog was originally designed to post my book reviews. You'll still find those here, but you'll also find an eclectic mix of all of my interests--music, politics, recipes, scrapbooking, places I've been, people I've met, and occasional visits from the resident felines.
Wanna know more? Send me an E-mail! firstname.lastname@example.org