Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness: Hugh Grant

My blog has been all over the place lately, as you have seen, but I am trying hard to rediscover my blogging mojo. As you know, I only post when the spirit moves me--and those winds haven't quite made it back to my part of the eastern seaboard.

But I was over at Bud's place earlier, and I found this new meme. Wednesday Wickedness takes a celebrity each week, and then asks you to respond to ten of that celebrity's quotes. This week, the meme takes on Hugh Grant. Heerree we go...

1. “Basically, my life is so boring, it's embarrassing.” How boring do you think your life is?
For Hugh Grant, an international movie star, to say that his life is boring...well, I find that rawther pretentious.

2. “But I just know from experience that accent wise, even if you're an accent genius, crossing the Atlantic is the hardest thing in the world either way.” Can you do any accents? If not, do you know someone who is good at it?
How many of you have ever picked up accents just by spending time with someone who does? My first year of college I lived in a dorm with lots of people from central and eastern Massachusetts. You know, the "pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd" variety. I picked up a Boston accent very quickly. I don't have it anymore, though. I can still affect a rawther poor British accent.

3. “For any new technology there is always controversy and there always some fear associated with it.” What technology did you at first fear that you now could not live without?
Kittens, this technology that I am about to describe is something I had trouble mastering at first, but now I absolutely adore it. In fact, it's so wonderful, that the kids of today have trouble understanding it, and we adults can use it to communicate secret messages. It's called cursive handwriting, kids.

4. “I cling to the fantasy that I could have done something more creative. Like actually writing a script, or writing a book. But the awful truth is that I... probably can't!” Do you, or have you ever, thought you have a book in you?
I write a blog, and have been doing so for three years. Technically, I could print up my posts and publish them as a book of essays, but I'd rather not.

5. “I had Courtney Love's left bosom out of her dress on my plate in front of me. It was extraordinary. I didn't know where to look.” Have you ever been in a similar type of situation?
I've never met Courtney Love, so I can't say that I have.

6. “The moral of filmmaking in Britain is that you will be screwed by the weather.” How does the weather effect where you live?
I live in New England. The weather goes from sunny to snowy in less than five minutes. I do know that it affects my mood; as Sister Kitten says, I can go from happy to pissy in less than five minutes.

7. “When I think about actors I know, I'd much rather hear about who they're shagging than what film they're doing next.” How about you? Are you more interested in you favorite artist’s next work, or the TMZ side of it all?
As much as I say, "I could care less about the TMZ side of it all," I will admit that I have the website for People Magazine bookmarked. But my favorite actor's bedroom business should remain where it originated--in the boudoir.

8. “Women are frightening. If you get to 41 as a man, you're quite battle-scarred.” Have you ever felt “battled-scarred” by a relationship or relationships in general? If yes, do tell.
Who hasn't? It's a part of life. Everyone's got their own coping mechanisms for dealing with that.

9. “You know everyone loves to be the villain.” Do you tend to root for the bad guy?
Lemme put it to you this way: Whenever I watched the Road Runner duke it out with the coyote, I always wanted Wile E. to win. Just for once.

10. “I think that's the whole point of Bridget Jones. It's all about that it's okay to fail.” What have you failed at and learned a lot from?
Relationships. Not necessarily of the romantic variety, but in dealing with people in general. It takes all kinds...

8 comments:

Swati said...

Loved reading your answers :)
Your blog is awesome!! I am your new follower.

Have a great wednesday!

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/08/wednesday-wickedness-hugh-grant.html

Stacy said...

Great answers! I always rooted for Wile E., too. The roadrunner was always sooo smug.

I am Harriet said...

Loved your "rawther pretentious". Probably true too.


Have a great Wednesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/inside-the-tjmaxx-vault/

Debster said...

I can totally relate to your last answer. People often amaze and confuse me. I lived in MA for six years. Just a little more colder and grayer than the Jersey.

Take care!

Debster

Wendy said...

I always wanted Wile. E to win, hated that obnoxious roadrunner. And I can just imagine a Bostonian accent/New England...You even write it well. Love cats and books, so we're a lot alike :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I am glad you found this meme! You are so right about New England weather here... ;)

septembermom said...

All great answers. I always get a kick out of seeing a Hugh Grant interview. He comes off kind of flustered but with that British charm.

Jenners said...

Cool meme idea. And I loved loved loved the comment about the cursive handwriting! HA!