And I'm sick of these things, too. Read on, kittens...
1. Jon and Kate Gosselin. I never was a fan of Jon and Kate Plus Eight. I was never a fan of reality TV, period. What they're going through right now is proof that reality television can ruin the lives of those involved. Look at the marriages it helped collapse (but were probably on the brink of collapsing, anyway, but I'm sure the TV shows contributed).
I feel bad for what Jon and Kate are going through, but I feel even worse for those kids...when they grow up, how will life be for them?
2. Octomom. I'm ambivalent. I share the same feelings that most Americans do about this woman. I don't have to explain myself here.
3. Blagojevich. Either Rod or Patti. Go away. Just go away.
4. Dick Cheney. You're saying more now than you did during your eight years in office. No one cares about you any more--that is, if they did in the first place. Dubya got the message and he's not around--why are you still here?
5. This f#$king recession. Nuff said.
6. Swine flu. Nuff said there as well.
7. Office 2007. Just got the upgrade at work. Am. Hating. It. Too many menus, no more buttons, and worse, no office assistant! Yelling at the paper clip guy in moments of frustration was the ultimate form of therapy!
8. Waking up an hour before the alarm goes off and not being able to go back to a sound sleep. Every fifteen minutes I lift my head, congratulate myself on having more time to sleep, but never get back to a deep REM. And if I do get back to an REM, it's always five minutes before the alarm goes off, and the alarm wakes me up and jolts me out of bed. Then I end up feeling groggy all day long.
9. A$$holes who don't know how to drive. They're multiplying. I thought Darwin's theory was all about the survival of the fittest, not the lamest.
10. American Idol. Sorry, kittens, I know there are quite a few of you who watch and adore this show, but I just don't get it. I don't get Survivor, either. Then again, I don't quite understand--or care for--most reality TV.
And we come full circle in this round of Writers Workshop. For more fun, check out Mama Kat's blog.
33 minutes ago