Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And now, the end is near...

This afternoon I happened across the Time Magazine website for some strange reason (I really can't remember why), and that's when I first saw the end-of-year lists. You know those lists, Kittens, those Best-Of lists that are always compiled and published in magazines during the second or third week of December, shortly before Christmas.

Every year, those Best-Of lists seem to arrive earlier and earlier.

And every year, times seems to go faster and faster.

I'm not going to get too melancholy with this post; that's not my intention. I just can't believe that tomorrow's December 10th already, and I can't believe how fast this year has gone by.

I can't believe that Christmas Eve is two weeks from tomorrow.

I can't believe that New Year's Eve is three weeks from tomorrow.

I might compose my own "Year in Review" post, but it's not going to be one of those negative ones focusing on the recession, the wars, or any other horrid thing occurring right now. Rather, I'm going to take some of my pictures and make a collage of the highlights of my own year. I figure it'll be a good way for me to post some of the pictures that I promised you all, but never got around to doing.

But now, I've got to focus on getting through the next two weeks. I'm about done with my shopping, but I still have social functions to attend, decorations to put up (I've been extremely lazy about that this year), and Christmas cards to write. All that focus will make the time go even faster!

As if time isn't going fast enough...

No comments: