Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow day!

It's a little after 6:30 in the morning, and it's a Friday, and I'm still in my PJs! Reason? I HAVE A SNOW DAY TODAY! I get just as excited, if not more so, about snow days as an adult than I did when I was a child. I think it's because I have more responsibilities now as an adult, but I am not fully sure why.

Anyway, I didn't get the official call until 6 AM, when I was up and at 'em, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to go back to bed. I just did the e-mail and Facebook thing, caught up on my blogs, and had breakfast.

The snow isn't supposed to start till around noontime, but getting the kids home on the buses can be tricky--especially since they're predicting a snowfall rate of 1-2 inches an hour.

I've got my camera at the ready and will post pictures for y'all! If the weathermen are right about this (and you know how right they usually are), then it's gonna be a gullywhumper!*

*Gullywhumper is a term that a former meterologist for WFSB, Hilton Kaderli, used to describe big storms. Hilton Kaderli was originally from Oklahoma and became a television legend here in Connecticut. He retired from the airwaves in 1998. He lived for days like this!

No comments: