Friday, December 26, 2008

Dedicated to those who have succumbed to the evils of cold and flu season...

I am one of those who has succumbed to the evils of cold and flu season.

Thankfully, it's just been nasal congestion and post-nasal drip...mild compared to what I could really get.

I came across this old Opus comic strip tonight and thought I would share it with you. It really speaks to our national dependency on medicine, prescription and otherwise.

Ahh, Opus...you always had a way of commenting on our national travails. I miss you so.

***Special thanks to Salon.com for the archived comic.***

***UPDATE: Here's the link to the Salon.com archives. You can't really see it too well on the blog. I'm still trying to figure out the "click to enlarge" thing.***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! "Penguins don't have nipples" hahahaha!

Yes...I've been sick for 2 weeks now....blah.

Hope you feel better soon!