Monday, December 8, 2008

There's a mouse in my house!

Yesterday, Mags and Gabs were staring behind the bookcase in my living room. Just staring at the wall. They still spent a portion of the day doing normal cat things, like napping on a chair and eating their food, but they still stared at that wall obsessively.

They kept staring at it this morning as I got ready for work. I came home an hour ago, they came to greet me, and then went back to staring at the wall.

I knew something was behind it. I didn't know what. I thought I'd see some spiders, since I saw one in my sink this morning when I went to wash my face.

I moved the bookcase, and guess what scurried out?

A mouse!

I screamed, grabbed my cell phone, ran into the office, and shut the door. Gabby chased after me, meowing, the way she does when she sees me upset.

I called my parents. Now, mind you, I am not afraid of mice, as long as they are in their own natural habitat--and their natural habitat is not in my living room behind my bookcase! I was totally freaked out.

Papa Cat calmed me down, and told me to relax. He reminded me that I have two cats. The mouse should be dead by tonight.

I hope.

Maggie came in about half an hour ago, while I was on the phone with my neighbor, and went to rub my leg. It was as if she was alerting me to something. Did she kill the mouse? I don't know; I haven't been back in the living room since I found it. I have been hearing, however, a lot of chasing going on, so I think the girls are doing their job.

Cats--good for your mental health, and pest control!

No comments: