Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Favorites, Focus, Fill-Ins, and Favorites

Hello, dear Kittens! Welcome to your weekly edition of FF4! I've been on vacation this week and I am nice and rested, relaxed, and rejuvenated! I just don't want to return to work!

Let's start off with the Friday Fragments, brought to you, as always, by the good people at Half Past Kissin Time.



For the last two days, one of my neighbors has been doing nothing but polish his truck. Every single time I look out my living room window, there his is, in the parking lot, polishing away. In fact, I looked out the window five minutes ago, just to see if he was still going at it, and he was!!!

Speaking of the art of automotive maintenance, Papa Cat loves to wash our cars every time Sister Kitten and I return home. As long as the temperature is above freezing, he's out in the driveway, washing and vacuuming our cars. He's washed cars on Christmas day, Easter Sunday, birthdays, and Fathers Day. It doesn't matter what the occasion is, but as long as he has a bucket of soapy water and a hose, he's happy. That, and I return home with a very clean car.

Now that spring is here I have put up my patio umbrella once again. Now my patio is--pardon the pun--all decked out.

As of this writing, I've finished 20 books in my 100+ Reading Challenge. As London Tipton would say, "Yay me!" But now I'm worried. It's almost the end of April, and I'm only a fifth of the way done. At the rate I'm going, if it takes me four months to finish 20 books, I'll fall way short of my 100+ goal. However, I don't want to turn into a reading machine, either; I want to continue to enjoy my books.

I gave the cats their flea treatment yesterday. That's always a joy. I try to get them when they're sleeping, so I don't have to chase 'em and pin 'em down. Yet they always sense when I'm coming towards them with that little packet of medicine. At least I don't have battle wounds from this procedure--yet.

Why is it that every time I venture out of the house in sweats, with no makeup on, looking more or less like crap, that I bump into someone I know--and that someone I know is always someone from work?

And now it's time for our Friday Focus, brought to you by the good people at Thrifty and Chic Mom.


Last week I focused on finishing Three Cups of Tea and starting A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I'm proud to say that, not only did I finish both books, but I finished four others!

This week, I'm going to focus on something non-book related: keeping my living room clean. I do a good job keeping my kitchen and bathroom spotless, but there's something about the living room that gives me pause. So that will be my goal this week.

Now let's move on to Friday Fill-Ins, brought to you by the good people at...Friday Fill-Ins!


1. Join me in saluting our Friday Favorites, which you can find below!
2. Put a little chocolate in your day!
3. Happiness is a warm puppy (as Charles Schulz used to say).
4. One very stupid-funny movie is "Dazed and confused."
5. I'm waiting for nothing really special in particular right now.
6. A Reese's Peanut Butter Egg is hard to resist.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to scrapbooking with my gal pals, tomorrow my plans include going to a choir concert and Sunday, I want to enjoy my last minutes of freedom before returning to work on Monday!
Finally, let's finish off with some Friday Favorites, brought to you by the lovely Miss Janna Bee.
What have been my faves for this week? Well, sleeping late has been at the top of the list! It's been so nice to wake up with the sun's light pouring into my bedroom and the kitties curled up on the bed with me. It's so peaceful. I take my time getting out of bed; I reach for the remote, turn on the TV, and flip through the morning shows before I head downstairs for coffee and breakfast.

Ahhh, coffee. It's so nice to drink coffee as a leisurely beverage as opposed to slurping the stuff down in order to get a caffeine boost. And now that the weather's warmer, and my patio's decked out, I can go outside with my coffee and my book and just relaaaaaaax.

Family has certainly been a favorite this week. It was so good to spend a weekend with Mama and Papa Cat. Sister Kitten joined us on Sunday. Mama Cat and I also met Sister Kitten at a day spa, where we had some decadent treatments. I got a hot stones massage, Sister Kitten got a seaweed massage, and Mama Cat got an "aging skin facial." Then we all went out to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's, followed by some shopping.

Papa Cat and I ordered Pay-Per-View on Saturday night. We watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona. It's not a movie I recommend. Penelope Cruz won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for this movie, and I'm not sure why. I wasn't blown away by her performance.

Friends--another Friday Favorite. Last night I went out to dinner with one of my book clubs. We didn't discuss books; we did it just to hang out (which is what I love about this book club; we love hanging out together). We went to a Thai restaurant in town. It was a nice, relaxing evening. I get to spend time with two more gal pals tonight. We're going out to dinner, then going scrapbooking! Yeah!

So that's all that's going on right now in the Life o' Kitten. Stay tuned next week for some more Friday Fun!

10 comments:

septembermom said...

Your posts are always entertaining! Congrats on reading all those books. You're moving along well through towards your goal. I so understand about being caught outside with sweats and no makeup. I always wind up bumping into the "always together" neighbor who probably wonders when I'm going to get a much needed makeover when I'm in super "nonglam" mode.

Vickie said...

My husband's brother is always washing his car. I remember once we had to eat in the car, and he actually said, no crumbs in the car!! What am I, 5!

I am going scrapping tomorrow night. Woo Hoo!

I have been able to sleep in this week as well. The kids also had the week off.

Missy B. said...

Please check my blog...I have given you an award! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast you can get through a book! I can barely get a book read in a week's time but that's only because I devote so few hours to it per week, I guess.

I finished Three Cups of Tea last week too!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You lead an interesting life! I would say more but I gotta polish my truck. Where's that Pledge?

Grand Pooba said...

You already are a reading machine! And I guess there is one good thing about living in Utah, there are no fleas!

thank you lord!

I'm joining you by concentrating on keeping my kitchen cleaned!

drollgirl said...

what a cool week. lucky you! and now i am thinking about reese's peanut butter eggs.

Jenners said...

I'm pretty much going at the same pace you are and I don't think I will reach 100 either. I agree that the enjoyment of the reading is more important than the quantity. And I feel it is cheating to count short books I read to my son. But I am considering adding a few shorter books to the list to "boost" my numbers a little bit -- and to give myself a break between bigger, more weighty books.

And I envy you sleeping in late. I've not really had the chance to do this for quite some time.

And what is it with men and waxing their cars!

Jodi said...

What is it with men and their vehicles? I will never grasp it.

Mmmmm Reeses Peanut butter eggs.

Anonymous said...

Good job on 20 books down!

My dad is the same way-always wants to be doing something for me.