Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday Thunks: April 9, 2009

Wanna play along? Click here.
1. What was the last thing you ate?
I can already tell this is a very random edition of Thursday Thunks! Well, I'm post-dating this Wednesday night at 5, and I just got home from work. The last thing I ate was right after I got home: a peanut butter Fiber One bar. Tres yummy, tres filling, and will tie me over till dinner.

2. I say the color purple.. what do you think of?
My friend Brian's purple blog! I'm gonna work in a shameless plug for it! Go visit it by clicking here. And while you're at it, visit his band's website, too. Talking to Walls. A great local Connecticut band that just may be coming to a town near you!

3. Lamps or ceiling lights?
Lamps. I'm five feet tall, Kittens. I don't like ceiling lights--or ladders--much.

4. What color rabbit is your favorite?
Look, I know it's Easter and all, but I don't spend my time thinking about this! Why should I care what color rabbit is my favorite?
But to answer the question...I'll go with white. It's the color of the Cadbury Bunny. Because nobunny knows Easter better than him.

5. Your car breaks down on a deserted road and your cell phone has no signal - what do you do?
I go into Freakout Mode! I also pray that a good samaritan will come. The last two times I've been helped out by good samaritans. I know I'm lucky that way.

6. What is one thing most of your friends do online that you just can't understand the fascination and do not participate in?
Play online virtual reality games with other people. I don't get it. They sit on the computer for hours...and hours...and hours...I'm talking about games like World of Warcraft, which are horribly violent and senseless.

7. What do you need right now?
Sleep. Beautiful, glorious sleep.

8. And your most serious injury you've had was....?
Fortunately I haven't had any really serious injuries like broken bones or sprains or concussions. I did slice my left thumb open with an exacto knife once. Fortunately it didn't get to the muscle, tendon, or bone, but it did break off a chunk of skin and have a lot of blood loss. I went to the ER, got a tetanus shot, and some of those paper stitches that double as band-aids. I don't know what you call them. Most of the scar has faded now, but there's still some numbness and a lot of scar tissue in that area.

9. What is the most evil thing you've ever done?
I plead the fifth.

10. Give us some random fact about you.
Random, eh? Welllllllllllllll...I hate peas. I mean, can't stand 'em. I don't like the texture or flavor. No matter how much one tries to hide them in my food, I always pick them out. This is the reason why I don't eat mixed veggies--you know, the frozen ones that come in bags?

6 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You in freakout mode? Wow. I never thought...

Anonymous said...

I do so enjoy those peas. I'm only 5'2" so I feel your pain and I struggle at the grocery store with top shelf items. I'm sure you must as well.

drollgirl said...

i pick the peas out of fried rice. gross. they will not enter my mouth, ever.

Talking to Walls said...

thanks for the props. though i'll never understand the disgust at peas...sorry ya'll. and i can proudly eat them with my chopsticks in fried rice. :)

septembermom said...

It's nice to hear that there are good samaratins out there! In my family, I have those who love peas and those who hate them. I pick out the peas from the mixed veggies for one of my kids. Fun post today!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh that's cheating! You can't play the fifth!