Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday 9: Organize this!

1. Are you an organized person?
HELL NO. I used to be very anal, then I went to college, and it's been downhill from there.

2. What is one thing about your home that has to be just so or it drives you crazy when it comes to organization?
My kitchen and bathroom need to be absolutely spotless and sanitary. I spend more time cleaning those two rooms than any other in the house. I don't want any infestations, thank you very much.

3. Do you have one little nuance about your organization that most people consider to be a little over the top?
Yeah...that I am so incredibly DISorganized. My BFF and I have a joke: every time he comes over he needs to clean out my refrigerator, regardless of how clean it is. It's the first thing he looks for when he enters my home...after he says hello, of course.

4. What is your favorite organizational tool? (bins, closet organizers, etc.)
Bins and baskets. The perfect catch-alls. I put everything in bins and baskets and then leave 'em there. I'm horrid at putting things away.

5. Where is your favorite place to buy organizational needs?
HA! I never buy organizational needs for myself. Other people buy 'em for me. But ya can't beat Staples for the post it notes for to-do lists...dammit, those Post-Its have got to be under one of these piles of papers...

6. Are you more organized at work or at home?
At work. I deal with a lot of people at work, so it's easier for me. When I'm just dealing with myself it's much harder.

7. Are you more or less organized than your significant other?
N/A. If I HAD a significant other, he'd be way more organized than me.

8. Does your significant other help or hurt organization?
If I had one, he would definitely help...I need all the help I can get...who wants to come over for a cleaning party?

9. What is the most important recreational items that you organize?
My books. I have a professional library in my office, dedicated to work-related stuff, two bookcases that flank my entertainment center for my fiction, and one bookcase in my living room for travel/non-fiction and memoirs. I don't alphabetize, but if I have a few books by the same author, I group 'em together.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE organizing! But that's the OCD in me. In fact, I was just organizing my kitchen before I got on the computer!

Lisa G said...

The bookcase is one of the only organized things at my house!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Could you send your friend over here? I'm only twenty minutes up the road and my refridge could use a cleaning?

Amber said...

I'll come for a cleaning party! lol
what a great BFF to clean out yer fridge for ya

Vickie said...

Woo Hoo! Go State! Now I am gonna read the rest of the post:)

Vickie said...

I am a messy, dsiorganized person. Yet, when my kids were babies, I had two shelves in my kitchen just for the baby stuff. That shelf was so organized and neat. My Hubby would put something I that shelf that was baby related and I would freak out a tiny bit.

Now since they are no longer babies,:(, that shelf is no longer neat.

Jodi said...

Your friend would have a field day with my fridge.

Post-it Notes rock. I'm the Queen of Post-Its. If I didn't use them, I would forget to do alot of things. I'm also the Queen of emailing myself reminders, but that is a whole other post.

Celia said...

My books are not organized at all. I like them in a comfortable jumble. My fridge and cabinets are good. I clean the fridge once a week. I just found your blog and am entranced by the title. I am probably going to be ferreting around all day.