Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Stealing: The 40 Meme

Wanna play along? Click here.


1. My uncle once : made a quiche without eggs. It didn't look or taste very good, since eggs are the main ingredients for quiche.


2. Never in my life : have I consumed a Whopper or a Big Mac.

3. When I was seventeen : I worked as a checkout girl at Caldor's, and I worked at the town library, too.

4. High School was : something I enjoyed while I was there, but you couldn't pay me enough to go back there again. But I'd repeat college in a heartbeat.

5. I will never forget : my college graduation. It started off cloudy and overcast, but was pouring down rain as the commencement speaker was about to deliver her address. Did I mention that it was an outdoor ceremony?

6. I once met : Barry Williams, better known as Greg Brady from The Brady Bunch.

7. There’s this girl I know who : eats marshmallows right out of the bag.

8. Once, at a bar : I sang karaoke. I sang "All By Myself" by Eric Carmen.

9. By noon, I’m usually : eating lunch.

10. Last night : I went to the diner with a friend of mine, then we went to see a choir concert at our alma mater.

11. If only I had : a brain.

12. Next time I go to gym/church : I want to pick up a list of classes offered at the Y after work. I need to spice up my fitness routine.

13. Susan Boyle : has an amazing voice and is an inspiration for us all.

14. What worries me most : a sudden accident happening to any member of my immediate family.

15. When I turn my head left, I see : the sliding doors that lead out to my deck.

16. When I turn my head right, I see : my floor lamp.

17. You know I’m lying when : I can't make direct eye contact.

18. What I miss most about the eighties : the sense of innocence that only eight-and nine-year-olds have. (Most of my childhood took place in the eighties).

19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : Viola.

20. By this time next year : who knows what will happen? Life is unpredictable.

21. A better name for me would be : I like my name, thank you very much.

22. I have a hard time understanding : life sometimes. Why is it that for some people things always go exactly the way they've planned it, but for others, things never seem to go right?

23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : earn a degree in library science, or take a few Italian courses. I love being a student. I love to learn.

24. You know I like you if : I'm the first to initiate conversation. Deep down I'm really very introverted.

25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : my mom

26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock : There is no comparison. 80s rock had more synthetic instrumentation, not to mention, make-up and hairspray. 90s rock fashion was more subdued, and the musicians preferred to use live instruments.

27. Take my advice, never : leave any food item where a dog can easily access it.

28. My ideal breakfast is : scrambled eggs with whole wheat buttered toast, home fries, crispy turkey bacon, orange juice, and coffee. In other words, your typical American diner breakfast. YUM!

29. A song I love, but do not own is : "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" (we actually heard it in church this morning)

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : dressing in layers. I live in New England, where the weather changes every five minutes.

31. My favorite Beatle is : Ringo. I dig his accent.

32. Why won’t people : clean up after themselves? Why do I still find litter everywhere I go?

33. If you spend the night at my house : be prepared to wake up with a cat or two by your side.

34. I’d stop my wedding for : Hugh Jackman or George Clooney. And maybe Brian Williams, too.

35. The world could do without : racism, poverty, or bigotry. The fact that those three things still exist sadden and disturb me.

36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : well, there are many things I'd rather do than lick the belly of a cockroach.

37. My favorite blonde is : Marilyn Monroe, your classic, gorgeous, gold standard Hollywood blonde.

38: Paper clips are more useful than : toe rings. I don't understand why people wear toe rings. Feet are the worst parts of the body.

39. If I do anything well, it’s : because I've really put the effort into it.

40. And by the way : do you like my new header? April designed it for me! And while you're here, snag my button and add it to your collection! April made that for me, too!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new header!!! So cute!

Wow girl-you've never had a big mac?? You are so deprived. Seriously, you cannot die until you eat one or you will not be fulfilled in life. ;)

Missy B. said...

That was fun! And I love your header...I am a cat person as well!

Lisa G said...

Quiche without eggs? I can't even fathom that. BTW, your blog is looking fantastic with the new duds, you go!

Brandi. said...

Love the new layout!

Awesome answers. And for #27: don't leave food on a table when the baby is now tall enough to reach it. Had many many messes lately that way, and still haven't figured it out.

Oh, and #34: I was reading of someone else who says they've met Hugh Jackman. I thought of you when I read that. :)

Happy Sunday!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Love your new look!!

I agree, life is pretty unpredictable. Great job on the meme.

Mammatalk said...

Your header is fab!! And, no Big Macs? Not even back in the day....?

Mimi Lenox said...

I DO like your new header. It is very nice. I will check out April's designs.

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" puts me to sleep. Trust me, I should be asleep NOW. Thanks for the lullaby!

Anonymous said...

oooh i like the attitude :)

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/04/40-something.html

I too would stop me wedding for Hugh Jackman, but not to marry him ;)

kalea_kane said...

I love your header. VERY cute. :) Great answers. I cannot imagine a quiche without eggs. Isn't that a salad? :) Have a great day!

said...

re #8 - awesome! I love that song. I also enjoyed reading all your answers. Fun!

Joy <--via Sunday Stealing

Melanie Gillispie said...

1-Was Barry Williams as creepy in real life as he seems on tv now?
2-Now you know 2 people who eat marshmellows out of the bag.
3-How much do I love that you heard "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" at church yesterday? A. Lot. aweemaway...

Vickie said...

Not one Whopper?! Holy Mongus!

For the past year I have wanted to work at our library. I wished I had majored in library science instead of social science.

Grand Pooba said...

Your not missing out on #2!

Amber said...

yes I do like the new header...I'll add your button once I figure out that three column thing :oD
Heehee, now I'm gonna be humming The Lion Sleeps Tonight all evening...