Thursday, April 30, 2009

One month in the life of Kitten Denisovich

Greetings, Kittens,

Sorry I've been MIA over the past few days. Here's how my week has been:

Sunday: sing at church, plan for week, work-related project, procrastinate doing everything because it's so gorgeous outside
Monday: work-related meeting and project, one book club meeting
Tuesday: work-related meeting, project, choir practice
Wednesday: work-related project (see also Monday and Tuesday)
Thursday: work-related meeting, project, other book club meeting
Friday: three-hour workshop at work, no break for lunch, followed by ushering at Sister Kitten's play
Saturday: help out at church tag sale from 7-3, then usher Sister Kitten's play, followed by going out with her and her costars

And that's just this week.

Here's next week's schedule:

Sunday: church, work-related project, other chores I've been neglecting
Monday: work-related meeting, visit to therapist after work
Tuesday: work-related meeting, choir practice after work
Wednesday: catch up on everything I've neglected over the past week and a half
Thursday: special presentation day at work
Friday: see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee with group of co-workers
Saturday: collapse from exhaustion

But that's not all! For the second full week of May, we have:

Sunday: church, work-related projects, other chores I've been neglecting
Monday: work-related meeting
Tuesday: big day at work; we're up for an award and we're hosting a visiting committee, followed by yet another work-related meeting, then choir practice
Wednesday: work-related meeting
Thursday: work-related meeting
Friday and Saturday: empty...right now

And there's still more fun to come...Memorial Day weekend I'll be down in Jersey attending my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. The weekend after that is the goods and services auction at my church, followed by me co-hosting coffee hour with another friend of mine.

And there are lots and lots of other work-related meetings and committments in between all of this.

In other words, I don't know how often I'll be blogging. I've said in the past that I won't be blogging a lot, but then I am. However, I'm going to let nature take its course, so to speak.

There's been a lot of talk in the blogosphere lately about giving up blogging, taking sabbaticals, or just plain leaving the Internet all together. (Blueviolet, I MISS YOU!) I can understand why people want to do this. I felt this deeply not so long ago. I've decided to keep blogging because it's such a creative release for me. Plus I've made some new friends whom I don't want to lose touch with. A couple of weeks ago I posted a Writers Workshop essay titled "Blogging 101 with Professor Kitten." (I'm too lazy to put up the link right now, that's how busy I am). One of my pieces of advice, which I will add once I have more time, is "Blog only when you feel it's good for you." In other words, don't let yourself become too addicted. Let it become this way and you'll hate it!

I've been so busy, I have neglected my physical health. I've been exhausted, and eating poorly. I haven't had a chance to go to the Y in two weeks. I miss my workouts. I had been doing so well with the health kick, and then--BOOM--life.

I also haven't picked up my book in a week. I've been so tired getting home from work I've just been going straight to bed most nights.

Things will get better, and less busy, but until life eases up a bit, I'm going to be inconsistent in my posting.

So that's it for now. I'll be back Saturday morning with the winner of my May Day Giveaway, so stay tuned, Kittens. I haven't forgotten about THAT. :)

Tally-ho, my dear Kittens! See you somewhere in the blogosphere soon!

6 comments:

septembermom said...

You have been busy! I'm sure you'll get back on the book and exercise track soon. Sometimes life doesn't give you the chance. Too much going on. I always enjoy visiting your blog. You're so genuine in your posts. I agree that blogging can get addictive. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenners said...

I'm tired just reading this ... and I'm giving myself some slack too re: blogging. Was just becoming too much and I want to enjoy it again and take some time to do other stuff (like read). Be well friend!

Vickie said...

Whew! You were busy! Try to keep tht Saturday and Sunday open. Just do some housework.

I have to tell ya that after blueviolet left, I was thinking about leaving as well. But I would miss some of my buds so I decided to keep up with the addiction. I just try not to do it as much. I totally calmed down on Facebook.

Vickie said...

Opps, I forgot to say take care of yourself:)

Mimi Lenox said...

I'm exhausted just reading this!

Anonymous said...

Funny how "life" takes over sometimes! :)