Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fragments, Focus, Fill-Ins and Favorites

Let's start off with the Friday Fragments, brought to you by the good people at Half Past Kissin' Time.

Why can't the NCAA hold the Final Four in Vegas? It seems like the perfect place to hold a Final Four.

Why can't the NCAA hold the Final Four in New York City? Think about it, playing a championship game at Madison Square Garden...fantastic!

Speaking of the Final Four, I've signed all my comments this week with "GO HUSKIES!" I borrowed a page from Yaya's book with this one; you know how she signs her comments with a different saying every week?

We're two weeks into springtime, Kittens. So why aren't there buds on the trees?

When Barack Obama was running for president, I couldn't stop looking at the parentheses lines around his mouth and thinking, "He needs Botox. Stat." (Yeah, I know, it's horrible of me to talk about the president this way, but I can't help it!)

I've recently taken to watch New York Rangers games, now that I have the MSG channel. Funny thing...I've never been much into hockey. Why am I suddenly a fan?

I recently spent part of my tax refund and bought a Keurig brewer. It's fantastic! I have to discipline myself, though, not to drink coffee too much, now that it's so easy to do. Don't wanna be awake at 1 AM, ya know?
This is not the exact model I purchased, but is very similar. I didn't buy the deluxe platinum edition, but one step below it--the model between basic and luxury is the best way I can put it.
And now...time for our Friday Focus, brought to you by the good people at Thrifty and Chic Mom.

The last time I did a Friday Focus, I focused on finishing The Pillars of the Earth--and I did! Woo-hoo! This week, my focus will be on finishing Three Cups of Tea and starting A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.

Now that we've got our fragments and focus out of the way, time now for Friday Fill-Ins, brought to you by the lovely Janet.

1. Angel or not I'll always have a bit of devil in me.
2. Bend me, shape me any way you want me.
3. As my mother used to say, you're full of shit.
4. I always shower after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous.
5. Even in the most crowded of rooms I can find at least one person I know.
6. A day without laughter is a day fraught with peril.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a play, tomorrow my plans include hanging out with some old college friends and Sunday, I want to visit my friends K and A and see their new puppy!

And finally...some Friday Favorites, brought to you by the lovely Miss Janna Bee.

Speaking of our Friday Favorites hostess, she recently blogged about the magic that is the Lean Pocket. That's one thing that got me through the week. It was going to be busy, with many late nights at work, so I needed something quick and easy for dinner! They weren't on sale, however...the Healthy Choice meals were on sale, but the customers at the A and Piss Off already bought all the good ones.

What else got me through the week? My Keurig brewer! I freakin' love this thing! It brews coffee ever so quickly, so perfectly, so tasty, and so warm! And they got the flavors right with this one! French roast tastes so wonderfully robust! The Earl Grey tea is fantastic! Oh my God, am I becoming a coffee snob?

A special thanks goes to the Y, my iPod, Three Cups of Tea, and the warm, wonderful weather we've been having. It has felt so good to exercise. It's really helped out my mood quite a bit.
Also, Blue Bunny and Ben and Jerry's now make single serve ice cream containers. They are wonderful! Saves the temptation of eating the whole damn pint!

And let's not forget sleep, glorious sleep...ahhhh, I loves to catch me some Z's.

So that's the latest and greatest going on in the Life O' Kitten. I won't be at the VGNO for the next few weeks; I'm going out almost every Friday night till the first weekend in May. If I do participate, though, it won't be till the wee morning hours, but by that time I'll be catching my precious Zs, most likely.
I'll be away all weekend, and next week's shaping up to be a crazy one, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me. I will be back, though, as always!

Oh, and one more thing...it's another Friday Favorite...



GO HUSKIES!!!

(Janna, Vickie, and Blueviolet...may the best dog win).

(P.S.: CDB: Tar Heels are goin' DOWN in the title game.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally noticed the Go Huskies thing! Fun, isn't it??

Lean pockets are the best.

Unknown said...

Hahaha... well we shall see.... Great FFs! I love the lean pocket reference- those things are lifesavers some days!

I have my post up if you want to link to it!

Amber said...

What a great answer for FFI's #6! I'm impressed!

Vickie said...

Sorry I don't drink coffee. But when they make a machine to make pop at home, I will be happy:)

Sometimes, I am up at 1 am. I am usually blogging. Then I feel it in the morning.

I started reading again! Maybe I can finally finish the book I started in October.

Hey Hon, may the best warrior win!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Kitten you are hysterical!! I hope that you appreciate that brilliant sense of humor you have....it made me laugh out loud :)
That emu was near you??? Saw that absurditie on the news, lol.
Please have a weekend filled with love, joy and laughter and....

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

U - C - O - N - N UCONN!UCONN!UCONN!