Monday, April 20, 2009

Clip of the Week: Money tree

About ten years ago, there was a very short-lived show on Comedy Central called Exit 57. It was a sketch comedy show that featured such up-and-coming stars as Paul Dinello, Stephen Colbert, and Amy Sedaris.

I watched it throughout my senior year of college. That show, The Daily Show, Viva Variety, and South Park were my television staples then.

Then I moved back home.

My parents didn't get Comedy Central on their cable until a year and a half later.

By that time Exit 57 was off the air.

This clip features a very, very young Stephen Colbert. It's very typical of the type of offbeat, wacky humor that Exit 57 was known for.

I'm going to share some clips from that marvelous show with you over the coming weeks. I hope, hope, hope they put this on DVD soon!


6 comments:

Melanie Gillispie said...

I love your new design! I don't think I ever watched this show. I loved Strangers With Candy, which I guess came after this show, so I'm sure that I would have loved this one too! Pretty much anything Amy Sedaris and Stephen Colbert do, I'm there.

Vickie said...

Ah man, I can't get the video to work.

But, your blog looks great. April does great work.

I will snag your cool button!

Wendi said...

Oh - my hubby loves Stephen Colbert's humor - I'm going to have to show him this. :)

Thanks for stopping by Tuesday Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, have you seen the LT Helper Badges? ~ Wendi

Missy B. said...

Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

septembermom said...

Colbert is young in this clip! He is hilarious as usual. Thanks for the giggle today:)

drollgirl said...

i love COLBERT!