Monday, August 25, 2008

The DNC Starts Tonight!

I'll be able to ease out of my Olympic withdrawl easily, now that the Democratic National Convention is starting tonight. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and all of the other news networks are offering wall-to-wall coverage, of course, and if I get a chance later today, I may sneak in some peeks. Maybe I'll do that when I go to the Y later this morning.

Speaking of mornings, I'm returning to work tomorrow after summer vacation. The kids don't start till next week, though. Still, it will be a little difficult getting adjusted to the wee morning hours again, but it won't be a problem as long as I get to bed at a decent hour. That's one of the disadvantages of being a night owl--having to go to bed early.

But let's not dwell on that right now. Back to the DNC. NBC News said last night that there were over 15,000 reporters going to Denver for the convention. Even The Middletown Eye has a reporter, and she's got some interesting tidbits about the extravaganza. You can read all about it here, here, and here.

My TV viewing plans: watch CNN or C-SPAN early this afternoon if I have the chance, but watch the coverage later tonight, from 8 til 10, on either station. At 10:00, I'll flip over to NBC, because I feel that their news division is the strongest out of all of the broadcast networks. (Where have you gone, CBS News, that brilliant gemstone in the crown of the Tiffany Network? Hell, the Tiffany Network lost its luster a loooooooong time ago.)

And at 11:00, over to bed for a 5:30 wake up call.

Tomorrow night, the convention cycle repeats itself.

I just hope I don't fall asleep during any of the coverage due to the renewal of my early rising.

No comments: