Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Feline Intuition

How is it that my cats know when there's a change to my routine?

This morning Maggie woke me up at 5:10, a full twenty minutes before my alarm was set to go off. She hadn't done that all summer. I kept flipping over and telling her to leave me alone, and she kept crawling on my back and my chest, massaging me, and gently pawing at my face when I failed to respond to her purrs.

When I left for work, both she and Gabby were at the door with long, sad looks on their faces, as if to say, "Are you leaving us again?"

As for Gabby, she followed me around all morning long-- from the time I fed her and Maggie, to the time I washed up and brushed my teeth, to the time I got dressed and ready to go. Right now she's sitting in front of the monitor as I type.

I should end this now, so I can give my precious kitty the attention she well deserves.

No comments: