Friday, August 1, 2008

So Much for a Slowdown...More Thoughts at the Y

I had to write today, because of my experience at the Y today. I thought I'd write about it, since it would help keep me motivated on my current fitness program.

Today was the best workout I've had all week--30 minutes on the treadmill, 1.6 miles done, 150 calories burned. For those of you who religiously work out, that may be small potatoes, but for me, it's a triumph. I worked up a sweat, and stayed motivated with some cool iPod music and by watching a program on marathons on the TV. It really made me want to go faster. In fact, I walked at 3.5 miles per hour for most of my time on the treadmill.

And then, as if that's not enough of a triumph for me, I had extra energy when I got home, and lifted weights for 15 minutes with a FIRM tape.

I feel really, really good, both on the inside and out. I don't feel as anxious or worried as I usually do. It must be those crazy exercise endorphins that everyone talks about!

Since I'm making this public, I'm going to keep everyone abreast of my progress. Wish me luck, and thanks for your support!

No comments: