Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thank You, Lynn Johnston

Not long ago, I wrote a Kitten Confessional on how much I love comic strips. I really get involved in all of the characters' lives and find myself on the edge of suspense with ever new strip that's drawn.

Well, today I vowed not to go to bed till the final original For Better or For Worse strip was posted online. And now that it has, I can post the link for you, and I can go to bed.

For some background information, go to the main For Better or For Worse website here. The story of Lynn Johnston's retirement, and un-retirement, can get quite complicated, so it's better that you get your information from there.

And you can find the last strip here. I won't spoil it for you by telling you what happens, but I will say this: not since Charles Schultz passed away the day that his final original Peanuts strip was printed has a comic strip moved me to tears. As I'm writing this I'm getting a lump in my throat.

I hope you all enjoy it. Lynn Johnston, I doubt you'll ever read this, but I wanted to thank you for all of the years of laughter and happiness that your comic strip has given me. I followed the story of the Pattersons as if they were members of my own family. I can't wait till the final anthology comes out; I'll be one of the first to buy it!

Enjoy the links, Kittens. I've got a long cat nap to take.

Good night!

No comments: