Monday, August 11, 2008

More Donuts in the Making

I was driving on Washington Street earlier this afternoon when I noticed a sign in front of a new building under construction:

DUNKIN DONUTS: COMING SOON TO THIS LOCATION!!

Yes, Middletowners, we have yet another Dunkin Donuts coming to our fair city. This makes the fifth DD location in town and the third that I will drive by on my way to work. Seriously, do we really need another Dunkin Donuts in our city of 45,000? That's one for every 9,000 who live here! I have a friend who's upset it's a Dunkin Donuts and not a Starbucks! However, with Starbucks closing stores now, I doubt we'll see a new Starbucks for quite some time.

I'm going to have to compose a post on making coffee, since, based on the number of coffee shops that have been built over the past decade, most Americans seem to have forgotten how...

No comments: