Monday, September 1, 2008

My Name is Kitten, and I Am Lame

Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame. I am lame.

I went to a party at a friend's house last night. A big bash, with lots o' barbecue, and a 200 inch screen he borrowed from work so we could play Wii in the backyard. I had been looking forward to it all week long.

I fell asleep on his couch at 10 PM. It's official, I am lame.

I ended up driving home at midnight, and when I got home an hour later, quickly changed into my pajamas and fell asleep within five minutes.

I remember when I was the first person to fall asleep at my own slumber parties, but I grew past that. And now, here I was, with only a glass of wine in my system, falling asleep at a party!

Sigh.

If anything, I'm grateful for the rest, for tomorrow, the students return, and I need to be at my spriteliest. We'll all still be a little sleepy, though; getting up at 5:30 AM is no picnic!

Now I must go. It's the last unofficial day of summer, and a wonderful, sunny day it is.

On that note, please keep your thoughts towards those who live in the Gulf Region. Hurricane Gustav is there as we speak, and if there's one thing they don't need right now, it's another storm.

No comments: