Monday, November 10, 2008

The Picture of Dull, Boring Grey

Almost overnight, here in the Nutmeg State, we have gone from beautiful, sunny, colorful autumn to grey, wet, crappy, bare autumn.

I woke up one morning and all of the leaves on the trees were gone. No exaggeration. Gone.

My morning commute has gone from being a thing of beauty to bare, naked ugliness.

It beautifies, however, when there's snow on the branches. Then my commute looks like I'm driving through a Currier and Ives scene.

Then the plows come along. And it gets dirty. And we're back to the ugliness again.

Please forgive me for my cynicism tonight, Kittens. I miss the autumn leaves. Hell, I miss the leaves, period. And the brown leaves that are still on the oak trees don't count as leaves.

I miss the color.

Don't get me wrong, I like sweaters, jeans, and cozy clothing. And sitting by fireplaces, drinking hot cocoa with mini marshmallows.

But not for extended periods of time.

And if you think I'm bad now...wait till January, right after the holidays. Wooo, I'll be reaaaaaaalllll cheery then! :P

No comments: