Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Two Things I'm Thankful For

1. Sunlight. Why? Well, there are two reasons. First of all, I have a vitamin D deficiency, and vitamin D, as we know, is "the sunshine vitamin." Our bodies produce vitamin D whenever we're out in the sun. I do take vitamin D supplements, per doctor's orders, but I'm always grateful when the sun shines. I try to take in as much as I can. It's good for my body, and my mood.

2. Lower gas prices. Today, the idiot light went on two exits before the one I get off of. Not wanting to be stranded in the afternoon on Route 9, I pulled off the exit and went to the closest Mobil station. I didn't want to use my debit card to pay an extra five cents per gallon, so I took out a five and paid with that. Today, my five dollar bill got me almost three gallons of gas! Woohoo!

Of course, I have to fill up the tank later today for the drive up to the family homestead tomorrow. I know the gas stations will be open tomorrow, but I'm going out tonight, so I may as well get some gas while I'm out.

There are other things for which I am thankful...but these two are the ones I'm most grateful for right now.

No comments: