Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Shoot-Out: Textures

I haven't been a participant in the Friday My Town Shoot Out for a while now. but finally had some time this week to take some photos.

This week's theme is Textures, and as you can see, I didn't have to go far to find some great pictures. All of these photos were taken in my house and my front yard.

We start off with a shot of my popcorn ceiling:

I got a package in the mail the other day. I always break down the box before I recycle it, and on the inside, I found the great texture of corrugated cardboard:


Here's a shot of one of my end tables. I've always admired the patterns you can find in wood. Yes, it is very shiny and shellacked. It's how I bought 'em.




Here's my jean jacket:



I don't know if you can tell here, but this is my cat's fur--one of my all-time favorite textures:



These are the rocks that line the gardens at my condo complex:


Tree bark is a great texture. Here's the bark of one of the crabapple trees in my front yard:



And here's a close-up of some lichen from the same tree:


I tried to get a close-up of the veins of the leaves on the tree as well. I don't think I was quite so successful:



Flower petals are a great texture, especially on a brightly colored flower like this one:



Grass is my favorite summer texture. I love going barefoot in the grass!




Here is some brick. These bricks support the sign in front of my condo complex:


Here's a patch of sidewalk in front of my condo:


And here's some moss in one of the gardens outside my condo:


And finally, here's my neighbor's doormat, which has some great texture in it:
Thanks for looking at my photos! Be sure to go to the Friday Shoot-Out blog (the link is at the beginning of this post) and see all of the other photos from the Friday Shoot-Out gangsters!

13 comments:

Jude said...

Lovely textures..

The Blonde Duck said...

How fun! Thanks for popping by on my SITS day. I hope you come back!

Liz Mays said...

That was a fun little texture trip!

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to stalk you LOL. Happy VGNO

La Belette Rouge said...

What a fun post! Your posts are always rich and full of texture. Today was no exception!

La Belette Rouge said...

What a fun post! Your posts are always rich and full of texture. Today was no exception!

I am Harriet said...

I hate having a popcorn ceiling.
Anyway, happy VGNO and weekend to you!

Grand Pooba said...

My first picture texture experience ever. Loved it.

J9 said...

Like the doormat - hadn't thought of shooting mine!

aurbie said...

Nice collection of textures. Love your ceiling and bricks, and especially the cat fur. We have five house cats. I could have just shot my floor. It is the shedding season! Or a hairball. Heehe.

You nature shots are beautiful.

Thanks for joining us again. Hope to see you next week for "yard art."

Anonymous said...

Great texture pics!

Melanie Gillispie said...

Do you ever lie in bed in the morning and spot pictures of things in your popcorn ceiling? Maybe it's just me.

Jenners said...

You totally rocked this!