Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Pumpkin Pie Is In The Oven...

...and I must say, it looked pretty damn good.

The crust was a lot easier to make than I had anticipated. The key was to leave the dough just a little sticky before you rolled it. That way, when you roll it, it's not too difficult to do. The dough will also pick up the flour you sprinkle on the surface, which will make it easier to roll (it loses its stickiness), and then press into the pie pan.

One of the perks about being the only cook in my house is that I get to lick the bowl when I'm done. The filling's quite tasty. The Moosewood Cookbook recipe calls for ground ginger, and I think that's what made the difference.

I took pictures of both the crust and the pie before it went into the oven, and I'll take pictures of it when it comes out in about an hour.

I won't completely know, however, if it's a success until my friend tries it. I won't find that out till tomorrow!

No comments: