Sunday, September 21, 2008

This Post Was Brought to You By the Letter Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

For the past two weeks, I've had NO trouble falling asleep.

It's staying asleep that's the problem--something I've never had to deal with.

Lately I've woken up in the middle of the night, as if my eyes were a lamp set to a timer, and BING! I'm awake!

One night it was 3:01. The next night it was 3:46. The next night it was 3:43.

And one night, I slept all the way till 4:35 without incident! Whoopee! That's sleeping in for me!

I do manage to get back to sleep, but I have to toss and turn, and I don't fall back into that deep REM sleep. It's more like the nap variety.

Tonight, I'm desperate to fall asleep. So desperate that I'm willing to forego the Emmys (not like I watch that much TV to begin with, but I like to see who's presenting and what kind of tributes they make. Who am I kidding? It'll all be on YouTube or Google video tomorrow).

I moaned about my sleep issues to my mother, who suggested I take Benedryl before sleep. I don't like the idea of taking drugs to help me slumber, but again, I'm desperate.

At least I haven't felt cranky, weak, or fatigued.

Maybe I'm getting enough sleep.

But it would be nice to get more than four hours of rest.

No comments: