Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today Is My Half-Birthday

I didn't fully realize the occasion till I was driving from work last night and thought, "Heyyyy...six months older, and maybe a little wiser." I never celebrated my half-birthday, or my "un-birthday", as it is known in some families, but I thought I would mark the occasion somehow.

I ended up buying and eating a Friendly's Butterfinger sundae. Three scoops of layered vanilla ice cream, Butterfinger pieces, and caramelly goodness. It was very filling, and it has turned out to be my supper, given the number of calories that the damn thing has.

But it was good. Not good enough for me to buy again, but still good.

Now what shall I do for the rest of the evening? Well, I need to watch Sarah Palin's speech at the RNC tonight, but I really need to catch up on some sleep. I could take a nap, but then I'll be wide awake till 1 AM, and then waking up at 5:30 is not a good idea. I could go to bed early and watch the TV in my bedroom, but may fall asleep in the middle. I could watch the speech on the Internets tomorrow, but when?

I'll try to stay up. I hope I can!

No comments: