Saturday, September 27, 2008

We're Gonna Bring You The Power!

I was doing a little browsing through the iTunes store when I discovered that they carried two volumes of episodes of The Electric Company.

My childhood heart was absolutely delighted! The Electric Company was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and was the reason why my mother moved dinnertime from 5:30 to 6 PM. I never, ever, ever missed an episode, and was absolutely devistated when it left the airwaves.

So now I've downloaded a few episodes, and have spent a good portion of this rainy Saturday revisiting my childhood. As an adult, I'm amazed at the A-list talent they recruited for this show: Rita Moreno, Oscar winner. Bill Cosby, who had previously starred in I Spy on network television. And of course, who could forget Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader? You could never get that kind of talent to star on a PBS kids show today.

So right now I'm looking through some YouTube clips to add them to a playlist. One of them is definitely going to be next week's Clip of the Week; I haven't decided which one yet.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue being eight years old for a while. I wonder if iTunes sells old episodes of 3-2-1 Contact...

No comments: