Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weekend Plans and Some Decisions

Lots going on this weekend. Tomorrow night I scrapbook at the Crop for the Cure, a fundraiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, with two of my closest girlfriends. Am really looking forward to cropping, since I don't do it as much of it as I would like. I'm not sure what I will crop, since I just finished an album and I don't have too many photos organized.

Saturday we're scheduled to get a visit from Tropical Storm Hanna. Most of my day will be spent inside, anyway, since I'm helping a friend out with coffee hour at church on Sunday. I'm not sure what I'm making, since we keep playing phone tag with each other. The last time we tag teamed for coffee hour, I made a veggie platter, brought in fresh apples, and cheese and crackers. My friend did the baking; she's known at church for her delectable baked goodies. I hope to spend Saturday night with the new Carol Burnett DVDs I'm expecting in the mail any day now; my credit card got charged on Tuesday. I'll have reviews shortly afterwards; according to Feedjit, my Carol Burnett DVD review from last month has been getting a lot of hits, which makes me happy.

Sunday's our first church service of the year. I attend a Unitarian Universalist church, and our church year runs from September to June, much like the school calendar. We still have services during the summer, but these are very informal and not as well-attended as our regular services. After church I plan to tidy up the house some more (the part I didn't attend to on Saturday), and start a new book for my book club. Which reminds me, it's been a while since I've posted a book review; I hope to remedy that soon.

Now for the decisions part: I am discontinuing my cooking blog, and will move some of the posts from there to this one. I just didn't have enough time or things to say over at Cooking With Kitten, and the site wasn't getting enough hits, either. You're still going to get a lot of recipes here at this blog; in fact, the recipe section has proven to be the most popular section of this website.

I am still tired, and am still having trouble falling asleep. Once I'm in REM, however, I'm out cold. Last night I went to bed at 10 and didn't fall asleep till about 11:30. Just as I was about to get some shut-eye, a quick thunderstorm passed through the area, and then it all turned to regular rain. Fortunately, it was a light, gentle rain that helped lull me to sleep. I usually put the TV on to fall asleep, but my old standby, the Weather Channel, has been offering hurricane coverage 24/7, and I don't want to fall asleep to unpleasantries. And every other station had convention coverage, and I knew I would stay awake for that, but I wanted to make sleep a priority.

Just now I set up the coffee pot for tomorrow morning, but I turned the button on by accident. Now I have a pot of coffee ready to drink. I'm letting it cool off, filling my travel mug up, putting it in the fridge, and nuking it tomorrow. The coffee has been doing its job of waking me up, and keeping me up, during the day.

But right now, I really, really need to sleep! Tonight I'm trying the glass-of-milk-before-bed strategy. I just finished a tres delicious glass of Nature's Promise skim milk, and I'm starting to feel sleepy. Let's see how long it takes me tonight to get some shut-eye...

No comments: