Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kitten's 2009 Pub Challenge

I really, really, truly thought I was done signing up for book challenges. But NOOOOOOOOO!! I found this one over at The Pub, and I found this blog via Lynne's Little Corner of the World. The rules are easy for the Pub Challenge (rules are taken directly from the blog itself):

  1. Read a minimum of 9 books first published in 2009. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2009, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2008, and then published in the USA in 2009, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2009.
  2. No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
  3. At least 5 titles must be fiction.
  4. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
  5. You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.

So far here's my list, updated May 24, 2009:

1. Note to Self:30 Women on Hardship, Humiliation, Heartbreak, and Overcoming It All, by Andrea Buchanan (published January 6, 2009)
2. It Sucked and Then I Cried, by Heather B. Armstrong (published March 24, 2009)

I'm not going to resolve to sign up for more reading challenges! I'm lucky that I've been signing up for challenges that have crossovers...that's how I don't get overwhelmed!

And as always, there will be a button in the sidebar for you to click on whenever you want the latest updates.

1 comment:

Jenners said...

Somebody has a problem with reading challenges!